Wednesday, April 28, 2010

College, Week #...last.

So here I am. Last week of real college. It feels good. It feels weird. I am refusing to let it feel sad. I am sooo in denial about it being the "end". I have been disconnecting for this entire semester. Keeping myself surrounded by a small, close knit group of people. Avoiding the huge, "i-don't-know-half-these-people" party scene. I think it properly prepared me for this week.

The saddest time thus far was the Overtones final concert. They were my people this year. When the big kids I love the most left, they know who they are, college felt a lot younger. Overtones came in at the perfect time, and were so amazing to me. During stressful rehearsals, snapping at each other, singing in the dark, jumping, warm-ups, recording sessions, Overtones thanksgiving, everything, it was the small family I needed this year. I am so grateful to this amazing group of people, and I am so thankful for the permanent family that I am a part of.

Buy our new CD. It's legit.

Life news: Ordered a BlackBerry online today. Kind of terrified of it. I have always been a regular phone girl. Getting my emails to my phone makes me excited though.

But now, I finish this week, get my Senior Recital over with (Ugh), become addicted to the CrackBerry, work at the restaurant (which is proving to be wonderful and profitable), and enjoy the summer! Lots of exercise, tanning, and working. Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment