Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Domestic Goddess?

I went in to Home Depot to get a fancy pretty flashlight for work today. I parked my car, opened the door, and was overwhelmed with the Home Depot smell. That out-doorsy, wooden smell. I loved it. I walked up and was immediately drawn to the gorgeous flowers on display. This was new. I never gave a flying fig about plants.

Then I go inside. The smell of new home appliances and beautiful fake kitchens welcomed me to my new apparent haven. I was overcome by the desire to create projects, to create a home, make something beautiful to own and be proud of.

Now, I've always loved home design. I've always considered some sort of interior design classes to take on the side in the future. But repairs, shrubbery, and all that...never really interested me. I'm content to work with what I've got. Today, it was just so different. I was carried away to this place, imagining having a home of my own, making the front yard look perdy, re-doing a bathroom, painting the living room, all these different scenarios. It was so grown-up. It was SO WEIRD. Why? Because I don't think I'm there yet! But maybe I'm getting close to being there? I have no idea, but it was strange.

I have determined I better have at least a small front yard to play with next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment