Friday, June 3, 2011

Life Changed Completely in 1 Week...

So I wrote on here...not too long ago. Less than a week probably. And since then, my life has completely changed.

The biggest and most rewarding change: I am an Aunt, to the most precious baby girl I could have ever imagined. My sister gave birth to Kaitlyn Marie Coffey on Wednesday at 9:17 AM, and we were there for every second. Except not during the actual C-section. She is perfect. Perfect round head, so curious. She looks around at everything. She's the most alert newborn I've ever seen, and I cannot wait to see who she becomes in the coming years.

It was amazing how much I loved her, and how we all immediately felt connected to her. It was something I don't think I could understand or appreciate when my sisters were born. It is also a different love. I can't describe it. Knowing that she came from my sister, who I grew up with, who is only 20 months older than me (freaky). But the love I've been feeling has made me so curious about the love I will feel for my own kids. And how Chrissy and Andrew must be feeling. Its all so much!

Ok, moving on...locked in a summer job at a fancy new place in Tysons. Hello, training. The arduous process I cannot wait to be done with so I can start making some real money. This place is fancy y'all. And all about wine. Alcohol=higher bills=better tips. Holla.

And last but not least, I was hired at a school for next year this morning! I interviewed yesterday and felt great about it, thinking it could be a great fit, and got the call from the principal this morning. It all happened so fast, and I am nothing short of relieved! Of course, it has to go through HR before I can be officially hired, but she assured me that should all go smoothly. Fingers crossed there are no hiccups there! I'm really excited about this school. Great community, great parents, great staff, new, FULL-TIME, and all around the ideal place to begin my career.

Life is falling into place, people. Now onto a house....

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!!! Congrats on ALL of the above! And lets not forget about a certain wedding in November ;)

    ReplyDelete