Friday, March 26, 2010

Serenity

It is amazing how many times this semester I have been able to come home, early in the day, and lay in my bed, just because. I have spent the last 3.5 years being busy, and now, I'm just tying up loose ends.

I would love to fill this downtime with a job though...but that is another frustrating post...

But it has led to my aforementioned addiction to the Discovery Health channel. Which I must be thankful for.

Anyway, I am really trying to appreciate this downtime before the craziness of student teaching begins. As much as I am ready to be finished, I know in about 6 months I'll be wishing to have this semester back. But I also know I'll be happier than I have been doing music in the last 2 years. I don't like that music here at JMU doesn't excite me anymore, and I know where to place blame, but I really believe that student teaching is going to rejuvenate me and my appreciation for music.

There is a lot of paperwork that goes into student teaching apparently. This semester has made me a lot better with paperwork. A blessing, considering I'm about to be a teacher.

Also, weather-Gods, I'm going to consider the last 2 days a blip. I'm sure tomorrow will be 72 degrees and sunny again. Mhm.

No comments:

Post a Comment