Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wake Me Up, Carpet Cleaner.

Woke up around 9 am this morning. Haven't slept in this break. I don't really like sleeping in much anymore. This is likely because the weather is beginning to turn toward Spring, and I feel happier in the Spring. I've been missing some Vitamin D in my life. Totally changes my mood.

Anyway, I am currently on my living room couch, typing a blogpost because...well Senor 1 and Senor 2, who are probably the nicest people I have ever met, are cleaning the carpet. I'm pretty sure they're trying to jip me by charging $5 extra than what we were quoted, but what the hell? It's BEAUTIFUL out, and I do not care. Vitamin D, baby.

And they're cleaning. And I love cleaning. I think we are subconciously bonding over that.

Cleaning is my favorite thing to do. And I will scrub from top to bottom. I am sure I'm neurotic, and I am certainly OCD, have been my whole life, but nothing makes me more ready to do whatever I need to do in a day like cleaning my house before. Before I leave for every break, I always dust, vacuum, organize, and mop my entire townhouse. This is because I love coming home to a clean house. If I have homework to do, I won't do it until everything around me is spotless and just so. Everything has a place, and is typically in height order.

Yesterday was a very productive day for me. And instead of waking up and doing homework, I had to clean my parents entire house before I could start any homework. I think I use it as a boost to get things done, because cleaning, I love, homework, not so much. But if I preceed the homework with cleaning, I get on a roll and don't want to stop. Smart subconcious.

And right now, all I can think about is how clean the carpets are going to look. I'm so excited.

Can't wait to run outside again today! It was so beautiful yesterday.

Task for today is my Vocal Pedagogy paper outline. Yesterday I completely finished my Student Teaching Portfolio, minus recommendations, which took roughly 6 hours, and then decided to do my Program Notes for my recital...which is not until May 1st. But they're done! So all I need to worry about is memorizing my repertoire, which seems to be going smoothly. The outline shouldn't take terribly long, assuming I can access JMU networks from here. This is a boring paragraph.

I need a recital dress.
And Spring dresses. Because the time is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment